Monday, December 08, 2003

Christmas break?!

Give me a break.

It's been more than 11 months already since I started this job. I never have been absent and I do overtime as much as possible if my body can take it. Then 2 and a half months ago, I filed for leave for December 22 until the night of December 24 (Christmas with the family) and the night of December 31 (New Year with the family). Yes, I filed it THAT early because I know there will be a lot of applications for leave for the holidays. I saved those leaves especially for those days. I am happy because I will be able to watch the advance screening of "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King". I learned they approved December 22 and 23. Guess what?! They DID NOT APPROVE my application for December 24 and 31!

I could not believe it at first because it was filed that early and they told me they are increasing the slots for leave on those days. But then this?! Despite the fact that I still have 4 days left in my vacation leave allotment for this year... They still did not approve.

We'll see about that.

No comments: