Wednesday, March 10, 2004

No entry yesterday. This will be a long one.

--------------------
Yesterday was a totally different experience. Different in a sense that a day like that does not happen in my everyday life. I started my training and for the next two weeks, I would have to go with the flow of Makati rush hour since I'll be in at 9AM until 6PM. That's ok, that would only be for two weeks. I underwent the introduction of the getting-to-know-you stage and also finished the first manual. Info overload but I guess that's normal for a person with no background whatsoever in mortgage.

After a tiring day at work, my family and I were invited to dinner to this posh resto (Tony Roma). My second cousin and her boyfriend finally met in person and they are going to Iloilo City, Boracay and Hong Kong in the next two weeks. (I was melting in envy.) To remind you of this cousin of mine, please go back to the entry on December 14. Anyways, after a long online relationship, they finally met and decided to get married probably next year (no definite date yet). After two hours of eating and listening and laughing to their stories (I'm not a talker in this type of situation), I realized it seems like she (my second cousin) won the lottery and more. Financially-speaking, she has can lay on all the moolah in their hotel suite until the day she dies! I was not much of a believer in the online love thing, (although I met my man online, but I fell in love with him in person) especially with those websites created to find love in the world wide web. It may seem odd but I think they really are in love with each other. They're both happy and can't seem to stop looking at each other and whispering to each other's ears... Let me not go to the details since some friends of mine may puke (Hi Lau! Hehehe!).

Anyways, for the last two days they, or actually she raided every shop in the Ayala Mall. He even bought her my dream phone (as of the moment), a Nokia 6600, which is probably worth my salary for three months! By the way, there were six of us who had dinner: the couple, my mother, my sis, me and another cousin.

Funny thing was, after dinner was over and the happy couple went back to their hotel room, this other cousin of mine told us she also met a man in the same website where the happy couple met each other! HAHAHA! (Trust me, that was a sarcastic laugh.) I mean, she was also trying her luck to win the lottery! Man, I dunno if that was desperate of her or what. But then again, I wish her all the luck since I've been through chatting and all that during my college years and most guys who chatted with me are either boring or liars. Well, goodluck girl and I hope you find your true love.

On the way home, my sis and I were kidding our mom about logging in to the same website and searching for a wealthy man. I swear it was just a joke, but my mom was dead serious when she said yes. (I know I'm desperate and pathetic too but I don't think I've reached that level.) Then I told her that I won't be getting my salary on the 15th because my previous employer placed a hold on it. Honestly, I only have P600 until the end of the month. I dunno how I can budget that, but I hope my family can survive. After having dinner that was worth P4,500 for six people, I wished I can regurgitate the food I ate and just transform it into cash.

To think tomorrow is our first year anniversary and we don't have any celebration. Maybe some other day. *sniff* Probably this is the "challenge" that my friend warned me about. I just have to wait if he sticks with me through this to know that he's the Neo of my life (Yeah, if he's "The One"). He's not rich and I'm afraid my parents won't accept him. That's one of my fears.

--------------------

Before I slept that night, I cried. I just felt so sad.

No comments: