Thursday, August 26, 2004

almost struck!




This was a scary experience. Last night, my father accompanied me as I waited for a cab on my way to work. It was not raining then. We brought an umbrella but I didn't think we'd use it. We were standing in the corner and there was sudden downpour of rain. It was not just heavy downpour, the wind was so strong it blew away the cap I was wearing and upturned our umbrella.


This cab stopped in front of us and three passengers were dropped off. I was complaining since it took them a long time to finally leave the cab and I was running late (as usual) for work. Then when I finally settled down, the wind was howling mad and I immediately informed my mother, who was at home, to tell me when my father gets home. Then suddenly, there was a blinding flash and a tree crashed, just inches away from the bumper of the cab. Both the driver and I were speechless. I thought if he would have driven faster or if those passengers left the cab sooner, the cab might be in that location where the tree fell. I dunno what would have happened. Maybe I am not here typing this right now...


I told my mother about it. I also learned my father got home safely. She said she is thankful that God hears her prayers to always keep us safe. I am thankful for her faith too.

2 comments:

lifecafe said...

woah...

pinoyreality said...

scary. final destination like. God has plans for you. be happy and live! :D