Monday, August 02, 2004

goodbye July!

I spent most of the last day of July watching animal behaviors in the Manila Zoo. It's been about 10 years since I went in there. It was actually a hasty decision on my part where we could spend Saturday with him. The place is still undergoing renovation. But I must say it is more fun hanging out there nowadays. The renovated children's playground is more colorful. I like the way they made the man-made lake the center of attention when they placed elevated view areas scattered beside the lake. These view areas are about two flights of stairs high and there are wooden benches where one could sit and sightsee. I wish I had my camera then.

Yesterday, I spent time with two of my college friends and my sister. I think it was the first time my sis hang out with us. The six-year gap between us is inconsiderable anymore since she is in college and mature enough to be listening to the topics of our conversations. Hahaha! We ate lunch together and bought some Gonuts Donuts then watched "I, Robot". I miss those moments. I just wish Lau and Rio were with us too. I had fun considering we needed a prior approval of three weeks to set that date. Why three weeks? Because since all of us have work already, our schedules don't meet. So, we had to agree on a date and saved the first day of August especially for us.

I wonder how my other college friends are right now? Are they happy or are they lost like me? One of our chit-chat topics was about our batchmates who are already married (pregnant?). I just could not imagine I am in what they call a "marrying age" already! I feel young and I still want to do a lot of things in my life before settling down and committing to that type of relationship. I haven't even found the job I love. Heck, I even want to explore the world if circumstances permit! But then again, we can only do so much as deciding our path, until fate intervenes.

It was not a bad weekend to end July and start August. I just hope this rainy month will be better than the previous ones.

1 comment:

loryces said...

hey onga noh! aug 1 nga pala gimik nyo. yay you had fun! :)