Sunday, August 29, 2004

rants and raves

Rant Mode ON


I really don't like people telling me what to do with my life. My life is hard as it is without people complicating things. I mean, it is difficult to make decisions especially when the options are too few and opportunities are scarce. I don't need a parent breathing down my neck eveytime I refuse or fail to pass the requirements for a PT position in the States. I have waited for that chance for about four years now. My license is about to expire and I have not even used it. So why force a something that doesn't want to happen? I must admit I am already discouraged to pursue a career in that field, but I try to grab every opportunity that comes my way. What I'm trying to do right now is take it a day at a time. Make the best out of what I have as of the moment. If I can apply for a better position in the call-center industry, why not? I mean, I don't want to grow old here but I need the money. If I really want to be serious as a PT professional, I should study some more. Probably take Masterals or something. If I want to pursue further studies, I need money right? I am trying to make ends meet here. So, why cry in front of me and tell me not to get discouraged? When all the people whom you think could help us have abandoned us in our time of need? Why put the pressure on me? WHY?!


Rant Mode OFF



I just finished my Saturday shift at work. Glad a friend helped me find a PC with internet access. Whew!


Earlier tonight, I went to a long-lost friend's belated birthday party. I did not eat though since I arrived late. I just sat there, drank some lemonade and was glad he appreciated my presence during his celebration. I was the only anatomically female around (although all people on the table were kinda female considering their sexual preferences). I was also relieved that I did not feel left-out. There were a couple of "guys" there I know from the previous company I worked in. I was hesitant to go there at first because it's been a while since we last saw each other. He got thinner and more mature. He told me I'm getting fatter. So, what's new? Someone still loves me despite that, so I don't give a damn. I didn't have a gift. I just gave him a hug and silently wished that he finds the love he has been waiting for and he deserves. =)


I was late for work because of that. They were actually inviting me to this "gimmick" place. It's been years since I had a Saturday night gimmick. I was not tempted though. I had to go to work. Late or not. I have to go back to my real world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww karen... *gives a pat in the back and lots of HUGSSS*

loryces said...

awww karen... *gives a pat in the back and lots of HUGSSS*

Unknown said...

*hugss back* i miss you.