Tuesday, August 10, 2004

couch time

I miss having my couch time. As a couch potato, I am missing half of my life when I started working in the graveyard shift. That means, it's been more than a year since I sat on the couch and really watched TV. I only get to watch it whenever I do another thing-- like eating breakfast/dinner or checking my emails. I used to memorize the schedules of all those primetime TV shows and even commercial jingles. But now, I don't have any inkling with what's happening to the people in CSI, Sex and the City, Smallville, Charmed, etc. I'm glad there's still the movies I can go to.

The second couch time I'm missing is the time my friends and I spend after "lunch". At work, we have this one hour meal break and we spend about 30 minutes eating, 10 minutes in the washroom and 20 minutes on the couch. What do we do on the couch? We look out the ceiling-to-floor glass window and gaze at a part of Ayala Avenue at 4 in the morning. We rant and rave... just talk and talk about anything from our previous employer and how much money they earned in order to finance a new building, to our current work conditions and even love life! As much as possible, we try to have our breaks together, but since our schedules are far different these past few days, I often end up eating alone and sit on the couch with no one to talk to.

I'm glad there's still the couch I can always count on whenever I feel tired or alone. =)

3 comments:

loryces said...

'lika palit tayo. sa yo na couch time ko, akina work mo. :D

Unknown said...

kung pwede lang... why not coconut? ;p

Unknown said...

hahaha! good for you! :)