Sunday, September 19, 2004

boybands and a book

(This entry connected to this post.)


I'm back to my "boyband fan-mode" again. I missed that part of myself. The last time I felt this way was when Westlife came to the country for their second concert last 2001. I was in college then. I had a dream last night that I was watching Blue's concert and I am seated third row from the front. Then I woke up and told myself I had to get some tickets even if I have to tighten my belt for the next two weeks when it comes to budgeting. So here I am, happy with my Upper Box A tickets. I know I can't afford anything more expensive than that. I have to be practical although my "boyband fanatic" side tells me not to settle for General Admission. ;p


Don't get me wrong, I may be a screaming fangirl when it comes to concerts but I am a choosy screaming fangirl. You must either be very talented to hear me scream for more... or very charming. Hahaha!


Notice that my two fave boybands are from the U.K. Yes, I fancy Brits. Love their accent! I can still remember when I loved Prince William so much I got a grade of 1.0 (highest in U.P. standards) on my term paper about the British monarchy and Princess Di's death.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



By the way, I borrowed a copy of "The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown as suggested by a friend since I wanted to judge for myself if it was worth the hype. I finished it last night and I think it was a good theory book. It got me thinking what if it were true. I heard a lot of conspiracy theories (like Jaime Licauco's) regarding the church and I can't help but link them to the thoughts Mr. Brown presented in his work of fiction. No, my faith was not shattered. I do believe in One Mighty Being although like the friend I mentioned, my problem lies with the church and how it is being handled (or mishandled?) by men, and not with Jesus Christ.


I must say I like the "breaking the code" parts of the book. Wanting to find the clues and to find out what happens next made me skip a few sentences or even paragraphs in the page quite similar to fast-forwarding a video. Only J.K. Rowling's "Harry Potter" series made me do that. I am in fact intrigued by this book and I want to read Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons" as well.


Since I am not new to these "theories" about the church and Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene, I think it was just overhyped by people who never thought this way before. This way-- meaning Jesus was also a human being. It's a good read though and I even recommended it to my parents. My father is a religion teacher so I am interested to know what he thinks about the book. My mother likes the book though. But I don't think I'll buy a copy, thanks. About the "Angels and Demons", I'll place it in my to-read list. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Only J.K. Rowling's "Harry Potter" series made me do that."

Same here. :)

Ringhithion

loryces said...

yey tapos na nya!

Anonymous said...

ivy here! I like angels and demons better.=)

gotta go, 15 secs na lang avail uli heheheh!

Unknown said...

Ringhithion/Lau: :)
Ivy: Hmm... Mabasa nga. :p