Tuesday, September 07, 2004

on good days

It's been months since I watched a movie alone. I did not have work last night so I decided to meet up with him after his first day of training. I was at the mall a few hours early so I watched "13 Going On 30" to pass the time.


I like Jennifer Garner and I think Mark Rufallo's really cute. I thought it would be another no-brainer movie but then it actually got me thinking what if I was given the chance to go back in time, will I change something or undo a mistake? One part of me wants to answer "no" because without these mistakes, I won't be who I am today. But after watching the movie, there's something in me that's wondering what life could have been if I change some decisions in the past.


But I must say, it was funny watching Andy Serkis dance "Thriller". Imagine Smeagol/Gollum doing that. Hahaha!


There was a part in the movie when I heard some sniffles from the ladies near me. Then I asked myself why they're crying like that or why I felt my throat tighten as well. I don't know. Maybe because of the realization that big mistakes give hard lessons-- the type that will make you scarred for life. I never liked regrets. The good thing is that the movie is fiction. The girl got to go back to the present and undid what she could have done and the couple lived happily ever after. Wouldn't it be fun to go to the future and if you don't like what you see, go back to the present and change your life?


We met after the movie and had dinner. Then we sat on a bench and talked about us and about his day and analyzed people passing by. It reminded me of a part from "The Notebook" after I recently reread it:

And I learned what is obvious to a child. That life is simply a collection of little lives, each lived one day at a time. That each day should be spent finding beauty in flowers and poetry and animals. That a day spent with dreaming and sunsets and refreshing breezes cannot be bettered. But most of all, I learned that life is about sitting on benches next to ancient creeks with my hand on her knee and sometimes, on good days, of falling in love.

3 comments:

loryces said...

you have a knack of writing good parts from the book that i don't even remember. :)

Unknown said...

lau, i wouldn't know if you didn't point it out. weird huh? i do have a tendency to "absorb" what i read. :p

Unknown said...

lau, i wouldn't have noticed if you did not point it out. i have this tendency to "absorb" what i read. :p