Tuesday, September 21, 2004

my bad

I don't know if I have to blame it on P.M.S. or my innate moodiness of both but the past few days have been full of anger, resentment, sadness and sentimentality for me.


Last night, there was this woman who approached me and asked for directions. I was waiting for a cab then and I gave her the information she needed. All of a sudden she cried and said she needed money to go back home to Cavite. I was skeptical since I've experienced a lot of that during my Recto and Avenida days when I was in High School. The University Belt is one scary place. Anyways, I told her I only have enough money in my pocket for me to go home the next day. I was running late and I hailed a cab and left her. I felt guilty then. I kept saying "I'm sorry" as if it were my fault I'm broke. Then I thought maybe she's a fairy and she will give me bad karma and all that. :)


I got home and told my sis about it. She said she also encountered that woman since she remembered the woman telling her she needs to go home to Cavite. Hmmm... I don't feel that guilty anymore. :)


Earlier this morning, I snapped at the receptionist on my way out of the office. It was the 3rd time I went there to follow up on my certificate of employment request. We passed the request August 27 and every week, we go there hoping we'll get it. This girl-- the receptionist was trying hard not to be rude at first. She was very defensive about the pathetic job their doing. She first told us it will take 7 days for the request to be completed since the HR people are very busy adjusting due to change in offices and managers and such. 14 days later she told us she will email HR personally and follow-up. There were 4 of us who requested. 25 days later, three of us got the COE except unlucky me. So, I sneered at my friend and told her maybe it takes a month for mine to be completed. Then this receptionist said (quite strongly and I did not like it) that we have to understand since HR is understaffed. Yeah, the entire 6 months and 2 weeks I've been in that company, HR has always been understaffed and they're not doing anything about it. The receptionist told me to go back and I said I didn't have a choice. She slammed the table with the folders she was carrying and I gave her a sarcastic "Thank You" and turned my back.


So, whoever crosses my path when I'm in this mood-- BEWARE! :p

No comments: