Wednesday, February 16, 2005

another wall to face


Horoscope for the day:
CANCER: If you run into a wall, don't give up. Find a way around it. Or learn to climb.



A few minutes ago, I got a message from my Ma that she has cervicitis and ovarian cyst. Her test results will be available next week and we'll know by then if she needs surgery for that. Meanwhile, my own test results for my cubital tunnel syndrome will also be available next week and I'll know if I'll need surgery for that as well.


All of these are happening together with my pending resignation. When I resign, that means I don't have any health coverage anymore, which means we have to shoulder all the expenses. I know I don't have the finances for that.


Earlier today, I was (again) informed of the "bad things" this new company might offer me. I was also tempted with promotion and all that crap. If they really wanted to promote me, they had a year to do that. Why now? I know for a fact that they promote only when and who they want to. They don't decide based on the performance and the need to fill a position. I've been working there for quite sometime to know what going on. And besides, promotion is just lateral. There is no increase in basic pay. So why bother? Go shove that promotion up your asses.


Will I stay even if I'm not happy just because I need the medical expense coverage? Or will I wait for a few weeks to see if this new company will give me a better deal and will, at the same time, offer the same if not better medical coverage for me and my parents?


Let me go ahead and bang my head on that wall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww... *crossed fingers for your mom and hugs to you*