Wednesday, February 23, 2005

don't bother

The past couple of days are quite tiring but very interesting for me. I learned new things and met new people. On our first day, we had to introduce ourselves to the class and we were asked to share something interesting about ourselves and asked about a topic that we find uneasy to share. I can't think of something right away but there is one topic that I felt irritated if someone asks me to explain-- career decisions. I don't want to go through the details about why I am not practicing Physical Therapy right now or why I am wasting my time in the callcenter industry.


Last night, I was informed by a couple of officemates that I was "the talk of the town" in the office. I filed for leave this entire week and I have already informed my supervisor about my pending resignation and my decision not to accept the coach position. I made history when I did not accept it since that was the first time that the offer was declined. There were mixed reactions. My friends felt proud of me for keeping my priorities straight. Some couldn't imagine why I would decline such an offer. Another coach even said that I could earn the same amount of money just by doing overtime and by doing nothing at the same time. I can even decline supervisor calls (really irate customers).


I am not like that. I do my job well if I am given responsibilities. I am not happy there anymore, so I left. My sister even said I could stay if the price is right, and it's not. So, why bother?


I told my friends to tell them not to cry over spilled milk. I've already made my decision. I want to belong in the new company now and I am trying my best to do well here and hopefully, all my efforts will be recognized. I hope they think about what happened, accept it, and improve what needs to be improved.


THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Not in the time, place or circumstance, but in the man lies success.

3 comments:

Ava said...

Sana magtuloy-tuloy na yung happiness mo sa new job mo. I can see na ok ka naman dun sa "bagong chapter" sa career mo.

Don't worry, nangangalahati na ako. heh. Sana makatapos.

Unknown said...

buti naman at alam mo yan. kung hindi...

hehehe.

lifecafe said...

sounds like things are doing good so far. :)

mail headed your way! ;)