Saturday, February 05, 2005

the board is set...

I am edging my way to that final and very hard decision in my "career" life. Like what Gandalf in The Lord of the Rings said, "The board is set. The pieces are moving." I am just waiting for that day when I confirm everything with a piece of paper.


Despite the attempts of some of my officemates to plant seeds of doubt in my head, I made several moves today. I couldn't sleep yesterday because I had lots of things in mind. It's tough when I am robbed of a much-needed snooze.


Although I don't want to face the coming days ahead, I need to. I don't want to think of it as quitting. I'd rather think of it as moving on. I'm leaving a place where I am comfortable, a place where I have set a standard for myself and for others. I am also leaving my routine. I'll be heading straight to the unknown. I have to tell myself that the past few months I've spent in this place were not futile. I learned. I laughed. I worked. I lived. I survived. The hardest thing for me is leaving my friends-- those people who made the memories unforgettable and the time worthwhile. Aside from the friends I have from the previous company, I have also managed to make new ones. It felt unfair in a way that I will shorten the time I could have spent with them. But I guess if the friendship is true, it will last amidst the distance. I know I will miss them.


Aside from this, I have also made another decision. Quite as tough. I don't want to burden myself with responsibilities. I have so much on my shoulders right now. I need some time. I just hope people will understand, especially the council members of TPTS.

7 comments:

lifecafe said...

goodluck, wherever/whatever it is you are moving to. i hope you're happy. :)
ps>> chika naman. where ARE you moving to? ;)

loryces said...

good luck wherever your road leads you to! you just do what you have to do and don't worry bout tpts. hopefully someone will step up and lead. if not, then eru help us.

Unknown said...

thanks guys! i really appreciate that. lifey: i will email you the chika. hehehe!

Anonymous said...

bakla...since pareho tayo ng pupuntahan...pareho rin ang aking nararamdaman. but then i guess, it is time to move on nga mas lalo na kung alam mong wala talagang mangyayari sa iyo, 'di ba. basta...good luck na lang sa ating ginawang desisyon...hopefully it's not as bad as the others think.

Unknown said...

oo nga Mama Gene. goodluck talaga sa atin. =)

loryces said...

hey ako di mo i-a-update or chichikahin?? :D

Unknown said...

lau: alam mo naman yan eh. sige, email din kita. =)