Wednesday, February 02, 2005

start-of-February thoughts

Yes, another work opportunity has presented itself. I had a little discussion with my Ma earlier about me moving to another company without waiting for me to grow my roots in it. Easy for her to say. I have given it enough thought and time. I have weighed my options. It's not like I just make hasty decisions just for the heck of it.


I got to the point when I felt the familiar lack of motivation to go to work. It felt like giving my hundred percent on the job is futile. There is no direction, no target whatsoever. No future for me. I have always reiterated to her that I have no plans in getting old in the callcenter industry. To put it bluntly. I only work there for the money. As soon as my siblings are stable enough with their own careers and finances, I will pursue anything I want to do with my life. I look at it as a sacrifice slash investment on my end.


I was given a better deal and it's too good to let it pass by. It's about time I stop hoping for things that won't happen. Wish me luck! =)





(on Valentine's Day)
Today is a holiday made by greeting card companies to make people feel like crap. ~Joel, "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind".


I don't know why people make a "loveless" Valentines Day a big deal. I have been through that for more than 2 decades of my life. Yes, I would love to receive a dozen tulips and a box of chocolates too. But why force it when it's not yet time, right? I filed for leave on February 14. Most people concluded that I have a date on that day. Actually, I don't have a date on Valentines Day. I just wanted to spend the day with my family and hopefully, get to pamper myself by not going to work. That would be enough.

2 comments:

loryces said...

so nagmove ka na pala. good luck on that. here's hoping for the best!

Unknown said...

yep. planning to pass my resignation letter in a few days. thanks! =)