Friday, March 11, 2005

Bite it!

Why am I still awake?


There are actually lots of reasons why and the worst reason of all was the waste of time (especially sleeping time), energy and effort due to the fact that the Human Resources Department from the previous company I worked with does not have enough resources that their office is empty the whole day considering that it is a 24/7 company. Even the receptionist/operator canot even provide a decent answer to the question "What are their office hours?" Imagine after working there for almost a year, they never ever provided professional and employee-satisfying service.


7AM. I called HR and I was informed to check back by 11AM since there is no one available at that time. My training finished at 6AM.


9AM. My friend and I went to PAG-IBIG instead to inquire about getting a salary loan (since I am currently broke) and to get the needed documents to pass to the new company.


10AM. I got my contributions list and the last remittance was December 2004. I checked my payslip dated February 28, 2005 and they deducted me for a month's worth of contribution. Why are they not remitting on time? I double-checked with an officer in PAG-IBIG. I was informed that it should be remitted at least every other month. So, they should have already remitted for my January and February 2005 contributions. Strike one.


10:30AM. After being on queue for a while and during a really, really hot day, I felt sleepy. I learned that according to their record, I only contributed 10 months worth and they needed 24 months contribution to approve a salary loan. I thought, I started working in the callcenter industry since January of 2003 and I never missed a contribution. Then I learned that the ever-resourceful Human Resources Department did not follow-up and transfer my contributions from my previous, previous employer. So, I ended up doing what was supposed to be their job and updated my records. It will take 10 business days before that is completed. Strike two.


11AM. We were at the previous company's office since we were informed that we can get the copy of our clearance by today since we need that by Monday. I was about to have a bitch-fit if I were not that sleepy and tired. I learned that the HR people are going to work at 3PM since they ended their shift at 8AM. I asked why is it that when I called at 7AM, I was not informed about that? The receptionist just stuttered while he defensively tried to explain that they (reception) do not know when the HR schedule changes. I asked him why not inform me earlier at 7AM that there were still people in the HR office? He said all of them logged-out at that time so no one could take the call. Ano ba talaga? Who's lying? So, when I asked what time I could see them, he did not give me a specific time. He again reiterated that they do not know the schedule. What the fuck?! HRD, as far as I know, should always have available people for inquiries 24/7 in a callcenter. Why didn't they think about spreading their schedule out to assure that there is at least one person in the HRD at a certain time in a day?! Strike three.


I have a shift tonight and I really have a bad headache because of that. I wanted to confront them and get some explanation why my PAG-IBIG and SSS (yes, even SSS) contributions are not remitted on time. I cannot avail of the benefits because of that. I also wanted to get my clearance. Am I glad I am not working there anymore.


Someone once said "Never bite the hand that feeds you." But if you're not happy and you're actually being poisoned instead of being fed, by all means, bite it. Then look for another hand to take care of you.


Yes, this is my blog and I can write what I want.

No comments: