Sunday, April 03, 2005

The Pope and the prophecies

I woke up and my Ma told me Pope John Paul II died earlier today, about 3AM my time. I was anxious about Vatican's announcement last night. I was so sad. Although I am not a very firm believer of the Catholic Church, I do look up to the Pope as a leader of the Church, the most-loved pope and a very extraordinary man. The Pope is one inspiration that still made me cling to some of my Roman Catholic beliefs even if I'm not a practicing Christian. One CNN correspondent said that Catholics (and even non-Catholics) are orphans today. We just lost a father.


I have always wanted to be one of the Pope's private audience. I wanted to probably have lunch with him and just talk to him. And although I have never been a private audience, I am proud to say that he has been to my country twice in my lifetime. Once was when I was only 5 months old in 1980. He went to my home province, Bacolod City. My parents said we were waiting for him to pass in front of the city hall, so the Pope can bless me. The second time was during the World Youth Day. I never saw him personally but I always pass by the mansion where he stayed in coz I pass by there everyday when I went to school.


Once in a while today, we watch CNN's coverage. It is very interesting to know the traditions and rituals about what the Church does when a pope dies. After reading Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons", some even sounded familiar. They're showing him now lying in state. If only I have the means, I wanted to go there and see him. =(


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Pope John Paul II
1920 - 2005


There is this "prophecy" about a war starting after the Pope dies. Speaking of prophecies, I also got an email about the nun who foresaw the tsunami saying that there will be an earthquake in the Philippines with Quezon City as the epicenter and a part of Manila going under sea level near Manila Bay. It was scary when I read that and I don't know really if I believe in it. I cannot do anything except live my life one day at a time.


Back to my life, I should be asleep earlier tonight since I'll be waking up about 4 to 4:30 AM. This will really test me since I am not a morning person. I just hope I'll adjust well with the morning schedule.

No comments: