Saturday, April 02, 2005

survival of the "fittest"

Finally, I can breathe now. I passed OJT! But I'm not really celebrating. Out of 18 people in our batch, only 7 were left to go on to Ops floor. I think our batch went through one stressful month and for the record, I think we had the highest "mortality rate" in the history of that account.


My close friend, whom I've been working with since more than 2 years ago, did not make it. The job is probably not for her, but I am still sad. I mean, we're all scattered already in different companies. I know I'm going to meet new friends but I know they will never be replaced.


It's sad. I know everyone goes through this. When our lives meet at a crossroad then forks again to different destinations. I'm just thankful I met friends like them (yes, even those friends way back when I was in school).


Last Wednesday, I was so nervous of our call monitoring. I had doubts if I'll make it. I said a prayer and asked for a sign just to let me know that this job is for me. After call monitoring, I got my first 100 score. I couldn't believe it! I guess this was meant for me.


By Monday, there are going to be some changes in my life. I'll belong in a new team. I'll be "alone" since I'm not with long-time friends anymore. I'll meet new people. I'll learn new call types. The biggest change of all is that I'll be scheduled in the morning for the next two weeks. From 6AM to 3PM. After more than 2 years, this is the first time I'll have a daytime shift. I don't know if I'll like it or I could adjust. I know the pay will be lesser because there's no night differential. But, I'll try to make the most out of it. Yes, I'll try to lead a "normal life" for a change.


...Always pay, pursue, protect
Be a master
Be a slave
Work your ass into an early grave
But you deserve to be loved
You deserve something real
Time to heal
Time to feel...

~"To Be Loved", Curtis Stigers

No comments: