Wednesday, July 02, 2003

Love Has Two Faces

Of all the people I know, only YOU can make me feel two opposite things at the same time. Sometimes I don't want to be too open to you. I don't want to keep in touch to tell you everything that's on my mind. I want to give you space where you can breathe, where you can go on with your life, where you can be who you are. I don't want to transform you to someone you are not... cause I love you the way you are.

But sometimes, I feel like I want to pour myself to you. I want to tell you my thoughts, feelings, opinions. I want to be open and honest with you. I want to tell you what I want and what I don't want, what I like and what I don't like. I want you to know that someone in this planet remembers you and thinks of you.

Only you can make me cry because you've hurt my feelings in ways I can never imagine, but also make me cry whenever I realize how special you make me feel and how lucky I am that somehow, of all the people in the world, we found each other.

You make me hate you when you do things I do not approve of-- may it be smoking when I'm around, drinking with buddies, maintaining friendships with past girlfriends... Although I appreciate the honesty in your part and you are sincere, somehow, sensitive me always end up getting hurt and feeling sad.

You make me love you more with that child-like innocence that I can glimpse from your personality, even if I know you have been through a lot in your life. I love it when you ask me questions thinking I'm the only person who can answer it and I don't disappoint you if you realize I don't know everything in this life.

Sometimes, I find myself wondering why, of all the women out there, you loved me... and why of all the men out there, I fell in love with you in return.


I hate you but I love you
I cant stop thinking of you
It's true, I'm stuck on you
~Stacey Orrico, "Stuck"

No comments: