Monday, July 21, 2003

Of Vices and Fights

Woke up earlier because my aunt and uncle were fighting. I was the only witness to that shallow fight and I hated it. Why? Because my parents never got physical with their fights. But my uncle threw something at my aunt and I consider that as violence. I think he was a coward because he cannot defend his side of the argument that's why he resorted to violence. Now I'm having second thoughts on getting married. Hahahaha!

--------------------

Another lesson learned today is that it's not bad to have vices as long as you are willing to accept the consequences of those vices. If it's smoking then you should accept the fact that smoking does destroy your lungs and may shorten your life. Not to mention may cost much when lung diseases take their toll in the future. You should also accept the fact that when you smoke around people, you slowly kill them as well and you have the guts to swallow your guilt.

Then there's gambling. Be sure you are either a millionaire and can burn as much money as you want or that you are willing to accept that you can be hooked to it. Since gambling is a risk, doing it may make you lose much money that may destroy your life and your mind. Or you should be responsible enough in case it makes you filthy rich.

Never ever ask someone to pay for your vices. I mean, that someone may get something out of it, but what if that person gets nothing and just loses something? It's so desperate... Just make sure that if you get someone to pay for your vices, he/she is willing, capable, has the means, agrees to do it and morally (and psychologically?) speaking, thinks it's okay to do it.

And never ever remind that person that he/she has her own vices. Remember, he/she is paying for his/hers.

No comments: