Monday, June 21, 2004

angst



There's not much going on today
I'm really bored it's getting late
What happened to my Saturday
Monday's coming the day I hate


I've been listening to her new album lately. I've always listened to her old one, "Let Go", whenever I feel angsty or misunderstood. At least, singing the lyrics of most of her songs makes me shout, and I don't get to do that often. :)

Skater girl, punk rocker, cool chick. She's not really a bad girl, according to one of her interviews. It's just the image she wants to portray, much like Eminem. It works though, I must say.

Most of her songs are about mending a broken heart, but don't think of the songs such as "Separate Lives" that you can find in "The Art of Letting Go" album. It's all about mending a broken heart, the Avril Lavigne style! That is: Blame him and think you're better off alone! Hehehe! Some songs I could not really relate to. Some of them have lyrics I understand and that I think I could have written myself, in one way or the other.

He wasn't what I wanted
What I thought, no
He wouldn't even open up the door
He never made me feel like I was special
He isn't really what I'm looking for

~"He Wasn't"

See? ;)

No comments: