Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Unprofessionalism

That's one thing I can't stand in this dog-eat-dog and kiss-my-ass-or-else-I'll-kick-yours corporate world.

I just came from an 11-hour shift. I woke up at 7PM, started working at 9PM, ended my shift at 8AM. It would have all been an ordinary day if not for this person from the previous company I work with. She was supposed to take care of our accounts with the company because we should have gotten our last paycheck aeons ago. It's her job. But last week, we called her up informing her that we want to follow-up on our request since we've been "hearing" stuff that the process is sooo slow when it comes to releasing funds to resignees. That was Friday, two weeks ago. Monday, I called up again and she informed me to call back Friday before lunch so I'd know if it has been signed already. (And who the hell is that VIP anyways?) I called back last Friday from 10AM-12NN, but no answer. My friend was able to talk to her and advised to to call back Monday. I called back again Monday and guess what, she is in a company outing! Well, I actually did not have a problem with that BUT THEN, she should have told us to follow it up on the next Ice Age if it would be ready by then!!! She should not have wasted our time. We have our own lives to live. She knew she was going to the outing, why tell us the wrong information?

Then today we were informed that the "signature" won't be ready until 2:30PM later. Goodluck! I have a shift at 9PM. So, wish me a goodnight's rest. Grrr!

I'm glad I'm out of that hellhole.

1 comment:

loryces said...

was this the previous company you worked with? grabe ha. i'm glad you're not part of it anymore.