Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Unprofessionalism (Part 2)

Here's the continuation...

We were there at 2:30PM thinking that the paycheck would be ready since banks close at 3PM. I asked if it can be released earlier, but she replied. "Don't worry. The check is with Chinabank and it's open until 4PM." I was thinking, alright. If I could get this money I can send my Lola (who is in the province) a birthday gift and my father can buy new eyeglasses for Father's Day and I could probably but new leather shoes since they're worn-out already.

We got to talk with several agents who also resigned and who are also waiting for their last paychecks. We also met familiar faces and learned that we have similar reasons why we resigned. Napuno na.

Sarah and I did not have any sleep yet. Then we kept on waiting and waiting... Some people were there even before lunchtime! Then we decided not to go to work because it was already past 5. When she finally arrived to give our checks, we were so disappointed with the amount. I mean, why the delay?! I thought they were waiting for signatories way back last Friday and she only took care of that when we were already there waiting! I got about P1K and Sarah got about P3K. So there goes my shoes and my father's eyeglasses!

I was absent last night because of that stupid paycheck. My absence would mean no pay for one shift. And one shift would pay me about the same amount as the last paycheck I got. Ironic huh?

My eyes were watering since they were already painful from lack of sleep and I waited for this. Then this inconsiderate b*tch from Finance said sheepishly, "Sorry ha, bukas nyo na lang ipa-cash."

No wonder Philamlife wanted them to leave their premises.

Sheesh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I guess you're from PS huh? Good thing I didn't have a problem with finance when I resigned. However, it was such a pain in the a$$ to complete all the signatures for my clearance. --Orbital

loryces said...

WTF?! maganda yang ginagawa nila grabe!

Unknown said...

And to quote my friend: "They make you jobless for a year (because of the non-compete clause), and make you beg for your last pay". I'm just glad I'm out of there and I'm never going to step on that place again.