Thursday, June 10, 2004

Lessons from the Little Prince



I got to rent a video last night of "The Little Prince". It's a musical done on 1974 but the video was just released this year. I was reminded of how simple and how beautiful the story was and it made me open a tattered copy of "The Little Prince" I got way back in elementary.

There are a lot of quotable quotes in that book and I think the most popular would be the secret the fox gave the Little Prince:

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye.


After rereading the book, I took a moment to let everything sink in. I miss being a child once more-- where everything is a mystery and every experience is an exploration. Everything was simple back then and it is very easy to be contented.

But of course, I cannot help being an adult. I have to go through this stage. But I also learned about "making ties" and I'm glad my life has not gone to waste. I was tamed by many people and I know I tamed a several ones too. With that, I am happy.

3 comments:

loryces said...

ngayon ko lang napansin nagmove yung legolas header mo hehe. laki kasi ng pic ni garfield eh. if you make it smaller though, di mababasa ang text. oh well.

u l a n said...

this is one of my favorite books, but my favorite part is not that popular line. i don't know it verbatim, but it's that part when the little prince gave the pilot a gift of his laughter -- so that when the pilot looks to the heavens, each of the stars will seem to laughing, and he (the pilot) would smile to himself. and the people around him would wonder what was so funny in the stars. and "it would be a very shabby trick we would've played on them." =) something like that.

hagulgol na ko sa part na yan. =P

Unknown said...

I know. Nakakaiyak yun. Sa movie rin naiyak ako sa part na yun tsaka sa part when he was saying that his rose is unique despite the millions of roses in the world. My fave line is the one you can read at the top of my Shoutbox "One runs a risk of weeping a little, if one lets himself be tamed." :)