Thursday, June 17, 2004

I'm thankful

..for the little things in life that makes living it quite bearable. If not for them, I don't think I'll be surviving the crisis I'm going through right now as an individual.

Yesterday, I was awake for about 30 hours straight. That was a record-breaker for me. But despite all the things I went through, I'm glad for the "little blessings".

Like the timing. My wallet got lost with only P90 in it. If I had withdrawn my pay before that, my family would have suffered with me. Then, I had to go through all the process of filing for affidavit of loss to the institutions where I had my ID's. I was glad I did not have work last night since it's my rest day. Then, despite the heat while going to the bank (I was still able to get my salary, thank God!) and to the notary public and despite the rain while I was getting my Troy goodies (thanks u l a n!), he kept me company. I am so grateful he did not leave me alone. I actually enjoyed the day despite what happened. I did not have an umbrella during the downpour and guess what? One of the Troy goodies I got was a Troy cap and I know it helped me prevent getting sick. Hahaha! I was planning to give that cap to him but he said I look good on it, so he did not accept it. I gave it to my father instead. By the way, I also got a Troy journal. I don't think I want to write anything down on it... yet. :)

Then I got home and found this wallet I used before. It still looks new so I guess I can scratch of "wallet" from my birthday wish list. Too bad it looks bare. I hope the creep who stole my wallet still has the heart (?) to return my ID's. He/she can keep the wallet and the P90! Haha!

What a day.

-------
Young girl, don't cry. I'll be right here when your world starts to fall...
~"The Voice Within", C. Aguilera

1 comment:

loryces said...

yes, we all should be thankful for the little things. life is beautiful because of them. we should constantly look for them even though life slaps our face hard enough that we can't see for awhile.