Thursday, July 15, 2004

rust and dream

Dreaming can also be a way for our subconscious to react to what is happening to us in the real world. They sometimes help us realize the meaning and importance of things that we normally neglect when we're wide awake.

Let's just say that my dream yesterday helped me wake up-- wake up and open my eyes to really see what's been going on.

For the past few days, things happened that placed a slight strain to my relationship with my mother. If I could compare our mother-daughter bond to a piece of metal rod, I can see some rust forming on the surface.

Then I had a dream that my family is financially-contented, but my mother left us all-- for another man. At my mother's age I know it's improbable for that to happen. I say improbable but possible. I know she loves us and God knows how much she really loves my father (she rarely shows her affection in front of us kids), but when my father got sick, she never left his side. To make the story short, I was crying in my dream as I grabbed her pants when she was about to leave with this man. We were inside a jeepney. I could not let go. I woke up and found myself really crying in bed. My pillow was wet with tears.

A friend told me that maybe it's about time for me to mend things... before the metal rod gathers more rust and breaks into two.

2 comments:

loryces said...

whoa what a dream! ah well at least it's doing you some good. :)

Ava said...

Oo nga. Peace na kayo ni mama. Alam ko mahirap yung situation mo na you don't get to enjoy your life. Sana makapasa ako at matulungan kita. Yan lang ang wish ko! :)