Saturday, December 10, 2005

reason for the season

I know that Christmas is for family, loved-ones, for children and kids-at-heart and most of all, for Christ's birthday. I read back on my previous post and noticed that I really can't be happy without money. How sad. Now, I realized something else too. The real reason behind this terrible selfishness I feel inside is because I just wanted to give my family one of the best holiday seasons here in Manila. I want to prove to them and to myself, that despite certain circumstances and despite the fact we could not go to any family reunion, we'd still have fun and enjoy being with ourselves-- just the 5 of us. I really wanted to do it especially for my Papa who, I know deep in his heart, would really wanna go and visit his relatives and his home town. He's not young anymore. We even asked him what if he can go and attend the wedding without the rest of us. He said that he'd rather stay here in Manila with us than feel alone and "out of place" there. Those enclosed in quotations are his exact words and it's just so sad.


So, that's why I desperately wanted this to be a really "merry" one for us. Ok enough sentimentality here. I didn't get online yesterday because I helped my Ma clean our room. That was not just simple sweeping and wiping, but making sure even the walls are clean! She said she wants to finish cleaning the whole house before the year ends. Haha! That's what we get for having an obessessive-compulsive mother-- a nice sparkly room! After cleaning, I learned that our book case there is getting over-crowded. We have to either stop buying books or buy a bigger book case. If you know me, I think you'll know what the answer is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oo naman...uhmm...ano ang sagot?

...hehe...

Unknown said...

Aha! You don't really know me, Mama Gene. How come? Hehe! Anyways, if you know me, you'll know I prefer to buy a new and bigger book case. But if you know me better, you'll know I can't afford one so the books will stay crowded in that cramped space, but I will never stop reading (and buying when I can afford it) books. :)

Anonymous said...

seryosohin ba yung sinabi ko? bakla...natural alam ko kung ano yung gusto mo 'no...ano buzzzzz