Monday, May 26, 2003

Escape

It's been raining for about three days now. It's refreshing. A bit of a change from the heat. While on my way to work earlier, the surroundings felt gloomy and sad. But I'm glad I'm not in my depressing mode today. Aside from the fact that it's Memorial Day in the States (which means lesser workload for us today), I also had a memorable weekend. No Monday syndrome*** for me!

Finally saw the beach. It's been a long time since I caught the glimpse of one, aside from the usual Manila Bay that is accessible from my place. But I've always longed to wade in one. Although I still haven't done that, I got so close to the splashing waves last weekend that I felt like diving in it with all my travel clothes on. I was disappointed since I still hadn't done my wish of going night swimming, but I guess I will have time for that in the future. Looking into the bright side, I was able to go to places I have never been to before. It was like taking a field trip again. (I miss those since I had that annually during my elementary and high school days.) After the van I was riding on took us to the sea, it took us to the mountains. I finally saw cows, goats, pigs and chickens all in one place again. Animals, and not to mention a variety of fruits, made my day. I miss the province...

I didn't spend much time with my family last weekend. That was the sacrifice I had to make just to enjoy the scenery and the experience. But I'm glad I did it.

--------------------
***signs and symptoms consist of laziness and lack of enthusiasm to work, longing and looking forward to the next day off, less than 100% effective and efficient in terms of work productivity.

No comments: