Monday, May 12, 2003

Tears

Words cannot explain what this weekend brought me. It's a combination of complicated and mixed thoughts, experiences and emotions. I hope I can get through this alive. What does not kill me makes me stronger, I guess. But I really hope (although most of the odds are against me) that I come out of this alive.

We can't have everything in life and love. We need to sacrifice some things when we want something, right?

The truth hurts. But I think it's fair enough for me to know the truth rather than be deceived and get hurt a million times worse in the end. That's why I wanted no lies. But the honesty just broke my heart and soul into little pieces. I need time to gather them again. But like I said, at least I know the truth.

All I know is that my lower lip is slightly swollen already as I bit it just to prevent myself from hysterically crying in public. But I cannot stop the tears from falling. Nobody can.

And I could see clearly
An indelible line was drawn
Between what was good, what just slipped out and what went wrong

~John Mayer, "My Stupid Mouth"

No comments: