Thursday, October 09, 2003

Empty Nest?

My cousin left today for a 10-month job as a seaman. He stayed in our house for almost half a year now waiting for this day to happen. Now, he just started the journey to make his dreams come true. He will not stay with us this Christmas but I know he is excited in facing the adventures of his career. Lucky him!

Then my uncle's family will be going back to Cebu this December for good. After staying with us for three years, they have saved enough money to start their own life there. I may not be seeing my baby cousin for a long time. Probably the next time I see him, he'll be fully grown already. I'll miss that little brat.

Then it all leaves five of us at home (again). My siblings and my parents. The house will be less noisy, less messy, less fun. Of course we have to go on with our lives especially since my bro is about to graduate and my sis is in college. It seems like the people who will be most affected with the change would be my parents. My father, for example, is the one who truly enjoys the presence of my toddler cousin at home. Maybe because he is already past 60 and he longs for a young spirit near him. Or maybe he is just beginning to be the grandpa type. My mother, who is our family disciplinarian, probably would miss being bossy (she disciplines my cousin) since all of us are adults now and we have our own lives to live. Well, if they want to have a grandchild, they can tell me. It's easy to make a kid but it's difficult to raise one.

Anyways, my father is off to Baguio tomorrow for his college reunion. Too bad we can't go with him due to lack of finances. But I hope he enjoys his time. And I hope he won't forget my strawberries. Yum!

I can't wait for him to get back so I can get the film and I can post the pics from our Tagaytay trip here.

No comments: