Friday, October 31, 2003

It's his son's birthday tomorrow. They will be celebrating it in the province with their relatives. I wonder if he feels awkward being there at the same time knowing that the preparation was done by his older sister and brother-in-law (his son's adoptive parents). Or maybe he is used to it already.

--------------------

We are not going to the province since it is too expensive for us to go there for only three short days. It's been about seven years since I've stepped on Iloilo or Bacolod City soil. As usual, we will just light some candles and pray for our dead loved-ones. Then maybe my father can cook some "special food" tomorrow (food that always reminds us of our Lola's cooking). We'll see...

--------------------

Remember that former elementary classmate I met at Friendster? I think he just ignored my message and my "application" to be his "friend". That's okay. I cancelled the invite I sent. I don't bother with people who does not want to be bothered. Hah! (But it could have been nice if we got to communicate again.) Oh well. We can't get everything we want.

No comments: