Friday, November 07, 2003

Alcohol
(And I don't mean isopropyl)

Something happened that's why I suddenly got an urge to write this. If you don't agree with me, I don't care. Don't read. It's my blog and I'm gonna write my opinions if I want to.

I have nothing against drinking alcoholic beverages. But I don't see why there is a need to get drunk and let alcohol affect your mind instead of letting it go down to your stomach. No wonder why, aside from drugs, being drunk is one of the reason why a crime is committed.

It's also a lame excuse when a person who is being convicted in court says he raped his daughter because he was drunk or some sort of bad spirit (spirit of alcohol?) got in his system that made him commit a crime. A**hole. If he was thinking it's manly to drink, why can't he be manly enough and responsible enough to know when to stop?

Some people say they want to drown themselves in alcohol because of problems. I read once in a medical journal that alcohol in the system actually does not help to forget, it helps us remember details. Who would want to enhance their memory of details when you want to forget your problems right? Stupid. No wonder people cry more when drunk(or laugh more or talk more. It depends.)

Sometimes, since a person is not completely aware of what he is saying or doing when drunk, other people get hurt. Maybe because of being tactless (or if you look at it on the other side of the spectrum, truthful). But wouldn't it be better if issues between people were discussed when both of them are sober?

No comments: