Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Memories

I still continued with the "keeping myself busy" scheme. So what I did today was dig up my old diaries, comprised of three unused and covered notebooks, which contained my life's memories from August of 1992 until March of 1996. The cover has "Secret. For my eyes only" written over it. Hahaha! Very conspicuous!

It was like traveling through time. I can see the change of my handwriting depending on my age and my moods. I realized I "fell in love" hundreds of times before. I also noticed through those years that I have just three wishes in life: (1) to be rich; (2) to lose weight; (3) to be loved in return. I think the first and second wishes, I have yet to fulfill those. But the third wish, I think I know how that feels now. I noticed that I had strong faith in God during those moments in my life--- moments I considered my lowest point in terms of family problems. I called them "The Dark Ages". Hehe! I realized I made a lot of friends and fought with some of them. I also noticed that I really was concerned about getting the first honors in high school just to please my parents and just so they won't break up. I was worried then that I would be a product of a broken home. Imagine how my parents must have felt when I didn't become valedictorian on my fourth and last year. But I'm glad my family is still together until now.

I really am pathetic when it comes to infatuation. I thought every crush I had is the love of my life! I think it's congenital. Blame it on the genes. Hahaha! I wonder what's going on with the lives of these people now. I also got to read my graduation notebook. It's where I kept the messages my batchmates wrote for me just before graduation.

I also found a birthday card made for me by my sister during my 12th birthday. She was six years old then. I laughed and showed it to my bro and parents. They were all teasing her about it especially when she handwrote the lines "I love you all day and also night". It's cute!


The card my sister created for me. Dated July 10, 1993.

I stopped writing on a diary when I started college. I thought it was childish. But since it's a technology-driven world, I found myself blogging over a year ago. So, I guess it isn't childish after all. It's still considered a diary. But this time, it's not secret anymore. Or is it?

No comments: