Monday, November 10, 2003

Waking Life



I watched this interesting movie earlier this afternoon in Star Movies. It's an independent film with a surreal feel. It was cool since the movie was shot first with real actors (look out for Ethan Hawke and Adam Goldberg) and it was turned into animation by a process they call rotoscoping.

It discussed about life (of course), dreams, free-will, freedom, re-incarnation, love, death, time, space, and those things pondered by philosophers then and now. The main character, Wiley, met people telling him their views and opinions during his "journey" in the dream state (but he was not sure if he was in an endless dream state or he was just plain dead). The movie was mind-stirring since I have formulated questions of my own about my own life. And I'm afraid I don't have the answers to these questions too.

--------------------

Matrix: Revolutions



The third and last installment of the movie. In my humble opinion, this is the best of the three. Why? It basically answered all the questions I have from the first and the second movie, so I named it Matrix: Revalations. Hehehe! The effects were really cool. I can't help but think of "Terminator" (machines vs. humans) and "Final Fantasy" (alien-blasting ships) while watching this movie. Of course, the philosophic theme about destiny and choices just added spice to this flick.

No comments: