Monday, November 17, 2003

Moving On

My kid cousin, aunt and uncle arrived today after spending almost a month in Bulacan with my aunt's relatives. My cousin looked taller and he can speak more words now since he'll be three next month. My cousin was hesitant to come inside the house earlier. It was funny. Like he is going in a strange place, but he practically grew up in our house (they arrived from Cebu when he was three months old). They were busy arranging their stuff. The house was noisy again with shouts and screams and laughs. I noticed my parents were happy today. It seems like only a child's presence can make them get out of their "boring and depressing worlds". I mean, imagine having two early adults and a teenager in the house and both of them have no work (my father has retired already). All of us children have practically our own lives to live and problems to face. If I were in their place, I'd find the house boring.

Now, my uncle's family is going back to Cebu tomorrow (ship leaves 3PM) after almost 3 years of staying with us. I'll never witness my cousin grow up to be a school boy. But I know that sooner or later, they have to start their own lives. They can't depend on us forever and I'm pretty sure with my mom's help, my uncle was able to save up for their fresh start in their hometown.

I'm gonna miss them, especially that naughty and smart cousin of mine. I envy them somehow. Finally they have their own "wings" to fly. Scary, but very exciting.

No comments: