Friday, April 25, 2003

I got a disease
Deep inside me
Makes me feel uneasy baby

~Matchbox20, "Disease"


I have it! Just like I suspected. That's one of the downsides of being in healthcare, I get paranoid comparing stuff I read in the medical books to myself and to people I know. So, when I got the first signs and symptoms, I knew I have it. Then it was confirmed today. Despite the free consultation and test due to my health card, the medications were never part of my budget. But I have to since I cannot bear the pain anymore. Darn! These antibiotics are so expensive! Goodbye swimming! Goodbye summer! I have a three-day trial period with these antibiotics. If my tests are ok after 3 days on meds, I will just continue them and hopefully I will live to see my wedding day!

Anyways, I had a fever this morning signifying that I am really infected but since it is a warm day, I just sweat everything out and now I'm fine so I'm here at work taking my first call, which until now has not been resolved and it has been two hours. Talk about lucky huh!

I got home earlier with my mama's nagging about my being un-hygienic. Ok fine, she was telling me that and I AM A NEAT FREAK. Hahahaha! Then she started comparing me to herself and what she does that's why she never got the disease yada-yada. I mean, I am not my mother. Well, lucky her if she is one of the 4 out of 5 women who never had it in their lives. That's sad. I mean, I had a fever that time and I cried myself to sleep because of my mom and now I am on a two-hour long call solving other people's problems. Ain't life grand?

There is freedom within, there is freedom without
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup
There's a battle ahead, many battles are lost
But you'll never see the end of the road
While you're traveling with me
Hey now, hey now
Don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
To build a wall between us
We know they won't win

~Sixpence None The Richer, "Don't Dream It's Over"

No comments: