Sunday, April 13, 2003

Secret Lives

I think watching "Bridget Jones's Diary" in Star Movies made me decide to write this down. But every thought was collected from the bits and pieces of memories and experiences this day gave me.

There's more to a person than what meets the eye. Most people, if not all, lead "secret lives". That's what I call the part of a person's life that is not open to everyone, not even family, relatives and close friends. I think we all have something to keep and/or to hide. It maybe anything in someone's life that is kept away from the knowledge, the prying eyes, and the opinions/criticisms of others.

That is why when this "secret world" is shared and slowly revealed to another person, that person is considered special. Much more special when both persons started sharing "secret lives". There is trust, hope and love. Three of the things that are difficult to give, take and keep.

I have always been attached to the past. It's my nature to reminisce and long for the days gone by. But I am also the type of person who looks forward and wants to plan the future. I'd rather die than not be ready for it. Then lately, I realize I'm missing most of what's happening in my life by neglecting the present. Life is not the destination, it's the journey. As of now, I am just taking things one day at a time. Then somehow, appreciate small blessings that come my way. I am happy today... knowing that I love and am being loved-- by my family, my friends (although I don't see them as often as I want to) and my special someone.

the remedy is the experience. It is a dangerous liaison
I say the comedy is that its serious. Which is a strange enough new play on words
I say the tragedy is how you're gonna spend the rest of your nights with the light on
So shine the light on all of your friends because it all amounts to nothing in the end
I wont worry my life away...

~Jason Mraz,"The Remedy (I Won't Worry)"

No comments: