Sunday, June 12, 2005

disaster day!

That was what yesterday was... well most of the time.


My sis and I were supposed to watch Kyan Douglas and Thom Felicia in Greenbelt 3 during Kyan's book signing. They are two of the Fab Five from the TV series "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy". It was supposed to start at 2:30PM but since I got from work and was so sleepy, I grabbed some snooze. We got there at about 3:30PM and at that time, Kyan was waving goodbye to the screaming fan girls and was thanking them for the warm welcome. My sis and I only caught him for a few seconds and he was whisked away in a red SUV. We weren't even able to take a picture. Although my fave queer eye is Jai Rodriguez, I was looking forward to see him coz he is so dashing. I didn't even see Thom. I was laughing at the irony that despite the fact that Kyan is gay, all fans surrounding him were all screaming women! My sis and I thought probably Kyan was thinking why there aren't a lot of guys in Manila. LOL!


Fab 5
Kyan Douglas, Thom Felicia, Ted Allen, Carson Kressley, Jai Rodriguez




My sis said there was another Queer Eye event at about 6PM so we waited. We ate in a food chain in the mall and we were examining the digital camera my cousin lent us. Then suddenly, my foot caught the table and since it was a wobbly table, all the contents of my drink splashed over my jeans and my bag! What an embarrassment! I was the center of attention then and I hated it. So, off we went to the nearby washroom and I stayed near the dryer for a couple of minutes.


Then we went to Powerbooks, one of our usual hang-outs. We went in and were excited to see the books we desperately wanted to have and to read. After about 30 minutes of browsing (and I even got to read Neil Gaiman's "The Day I Swapped My Father for Two Goldfish"), it was so depressing thinking about all the books we wanted to read but we cannot afford. So, we left the bookstore and went to the supposed location for the Queer Eye event at 6.


My sister said she got the info online. But there was no one around in the Bamboo Park of Greenbelt 4. Then we asked Customer Service and we were informed that there's no more Queer Eye event. The one that we almost missed that afternoon was the last one. I didn't know if my sister was gonna cry or what (since Kyan is her fave Queer Eye). I thought they should have extended that event since they came all the way from the U.S. and I never thought they'd only be mingling with fans for an hour. It was sad.


I thought of watching a movie after that, but I just wanted the day to end. I was tired, so we both went home, cooked some microwavable popcorn to soothe ourselves and watched cable instead. *sigh*


Oh and I don't know if this will mean anything coz I know how destabilized the Philippine government is right now, Happy Independence Day to all Filipinos! Believe in the power of Freedom. Always fight for what is good, right and proper.

3 comments:

Ava said...

Nyyyaaaaaarrrrrggghhhh!!!

Ok lang. At least nakita natin si Kyan. Kahit sandali lang...

*faints*

loryces said...

when it rains, it pours. :(

Unknown said...

rain... rain... go away. come again another day...