Monday, January 06, 2003

First day of training.

It was kinda overwhelming. Information overload. But then I guess I'm used to that when I was in school. Actually, it was like going back to school-- being in a university with new classmates, learning a new course, studying, taking exams, getting graded and watched over by supervisors. But then I have no allowance from parents. I just have my pay as an employee. I hope I will be able to make it through the three to five weeks of training and about five major exams so I won't get terminated. So I could keep that job 'til I finish the number of months stated in the contract. It's difficult looking for a new job, especially a temporary one with good pay and benefits. Why temporary? Because I'm still a PT and I would want to work as one abroad. But then, who knows what this job may bring? It might change my career path. Hehehe!



We are 35 in the batch (pre-training)-- three percent of the number of people who applied for the job. The numbers post-training, I have no idea yet. I hope it remains the same. There are six anatomically male species but one is gay and one is married. The other guys, I have no idea too. Saw this HR cutie again. He called me by name. For a while I thought he remembers me, but then we were all wearing name plates. Darn.



The work location is great. The building itself is relatively self-sufficient. It's in the heart of Makati. There's a place for everything! A recreation room with cable TV, pool table, PC for network games, pantry with microwave oven, free coffee and chocolate drinks, sleeping room with pillows, bean bags and mats. The people are casual in terms of dressing and talking to each other (we call each other by our first names, including the CEO), yet professional when it comes to work. I like the environment between employees too. The place is a bit cold but a sweater or blanket may do the trick, especially on night shifts. It's hard work but then I hope I have fun too. I think I will. *cross fingers*

To walk within the lines
Would make my life so boring
I want to know that I
Have been to the extreme
So knock me off my feet
Come on now give it to me
Anything to make me feel alive

~Avril Lavigne, "Anything But Ordinary"

No comments: