Friday, January 03, 2003

Post-2002

Now that the end of the holidays has come, I got to recollect all my thoughts. Christmas was a quiet celebration for us. We went to church together. I think I've mentioned that before but I really appreciate that. Though Christmas was not merrier compared to the ones we had before, it was still ok. I am sill grateful that I spent it with the people I love the most. Yes, I miss some people, especially you, but I still know that you're there, somewhere and we're still staring at the same sky.

Christmas break was not all dandy. We still had bad moments too, especially between Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. Like this instance: (another scribbled thought)

--------------------
Black Holes and Families
(31 December 2002, 7:00PM)
Somehow I understood why I am like this. Maybe it's because I feel like the odd one out. I feel like I'm just the one doing all the effort to make everything alright. I'm only the one trying hard to maintain a happy, if not perfect, family. Everyone seems to go against me. If not, they remain indifferent. Am I just the one left who is trying to count all our blessings? Whenever I find something to smile about, someone would find a way to wipe that smile off my face and make me feel bad. Everything around me is like a black hole sucking every bit of happiness and contentment left inside me.

--------------------

See? It was not perfect.

The New Year was a blast-- literally. What we did was get out of the house, watch the fireworks and listen to the eardrum-breaking firecrackers. We didn't have any. I wished Gandalf was there to bring us fireworks, but our neighbors' noisy preparation sufficed.

We rented a lot of VCDs throughout the season-- Panic Room, Count of Monte Cristo, Spiderman, etc. and even that mushy 70's love story Ice Castle. Though we are having financial problems, we still got through and I may even have gained a pound or two but that's ok. My clothes still fit.

Now that I have 2003 ahead of me, I dunno what's in store. Next holiday season, I may not be spending it with the people close to my heart anymore. I may be in a place far-away where only my imagination has reached. But I'm happy I still live to be able to see what it would bring.

This Year
(Chantal Kreviazuk)
This year is gonna be incredible
This year is gonna be the one
All the planets are lining up for me
This year, I'm gonna have fun

This year, I'll paint my masterpiece
This year, I'll be recognized
I can feel that I'll fall in love for real
This year
This year
January, I'll learn to fly
February, love's gonna find me
March, April, May
I'll get carried away
This year, I'll reach that pinnacle
This year, I'll get to the top
People'll realize where she got that energy
This year, I'm never gonna stop

Ah, just watch me now
This year
This year
This year

No comments: