Saturday, January 11, 2003

Training Day 4

I am beginning to grasp the real essence of what my job is about. It's such a long shot from a medically-related degree. But as long as I'm willing to learn new ideas and infos (and memorize new terms), I'm ok. Got my first few simulated calls and it was SCARY. I was stuttering and there was a lot of dead air. I'd rather write my thoughts than vocally express them. But then, I have to do this. I know I could. ... I had to study for the quiz about U.S. Geography. I'm back to student mode again.

Training Day 5

Lots of activities are lined up for us. Training is fun and very interesting but the job also needs dedication and lots of guts. Guess what? Two weeks from now, our training will be from 3pm to 12 midnight! Cool huh? My nocturnal side would be put into use at last. I also enjoyed our short American accent too. If OT means surfing the web for free to look for info needed for our reports, I would love it there. But I guess it's just during training. When it comes to actual call-taking, it would be serious business.

WARNING: Girly rants and raves ahead
I got an update for our batch. There are seven males in our batch. Four of them prefer species of the same gender and one is married. How unlucky can a single and available straight girl get? Hahaha!

Then we saw another batch of new recruits. There were about 15 people, 10 males and 5 are certified cuties. Life IS unfair.

Another thing: I believe there is something wrong with me and my "taste" in men. I often fall for men who turn out to be not-so-manly after all. Turned out the HR cutie I mentioned before is not what I expected. Yes, he's gay. Too bad. I thought I had a strong gaydar*. Guess I was wrong. *sniff*

Oh well, I heard there was a new HR personnel in the company. I hope it's the guy we saw in the lobby. He's not a cutie though. He's drop-dead gorgeous! He's not perfect though, maybe 9/10. Hehehe! I gotta stop this. ... (Hey, it's my chance to rant and rave! At least I'm not sinking into depression again.)

Today:

I am so tired today. Got to watch The Two Towers again. It's the first day of regular screening. Lots of my new work buddies are watching. The scene where Legolas mounts Arod keeps playing over and over in my head. I think this is better than seeing Sadako's** creepy face. Yaiks!

Dropped by the monthly entmoot and got to meet new people and the "veterans" of The Philippine Tolkien Society. But I had to go a bit earlier than the others, so I guess I missed lotsa stuff. Though I would like to catch some sleep, I still need to finish an assignment.

--------------------
*radar for gays
**scary character in the movie "Ring" (Japanese version with subtitles)
--------------------
Something to think about:

"It's like the great stories Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were and sometimes, you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? ... Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something. Even if you were too small to understand why. But I think Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn't. Because they were holding on to something. ... That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it's worth fighting for."
~Samwise Gamgee, "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" by JRR Tolkien

No comments: