Sunday, January 15, 2006

Narnia

Finally watched "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe". Alas, I cannot compare it to the books because I haven't read the books yet. I promise myself I will as soon as I can afford this:


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Narnia boxed set



Yes, I want a boxed set. Not the one combined in just one book. So, it's kinda expensive.


Oh, I love the special effects! After watching the 1988 BBC version, I appreciated what technology brought to the movie. I can actually imagine myself touching Aslan's majestic mane. I have to say that as first-time actors, Georgie Henley (played Lucy Pevensie) and Skandar Keynes (played Edmund Pevensie) are my fave. They did well and the characters are very convincing. I think Skandar is so darn cute I hope my date didn't mind me gushing over him! LOL! I wonder, is there any ship for Lucy and Mr. Tumnus? Hahaha! Just kidding, Narnia fans. I was just curious coz I never thought Mr. Tumnus (James McAvoy) would look young. Tilda Swinton is amazing as the White Witch. I love, love, love her costumes too! The Beavers are cuter than the 1988 BBC version, of course. Seriously, this movie has a heart I didn't expect. It was touching. Even the beginning (the train ride) made me sniffle a bit. Also expect action during the fight scenes and suspense that will, as they say, keep you on the edge of your seats. Remember, this is derived from a kiddie book. Let your imaginations soar and you'll have a great experience watching it. This movie made me want to read all the books.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Aslan (voiced by Liam Neeson)



I won't go in long reviews or narration of the movie coz I'm sure a lot have watched it and/or read the books. I've read reviews that "Chronicles of Narnia" does not disappoint the books or the movies but I read somewhere that C.S. Lewis did not want Narnia to become a movie, but then I wonder, if he were alive today, would he have approved of the movie? Even if it's Walt Disney?

6 comments:

Rob said...

You noticed it too!
I thought it was just me. Tumnus looked like he's asking Lucy for a date when he asked her to have tea with him, didn't he?

Unknown said...

Yep! If Lucy doesn't look like a cutesy kid, I would have thought they have this "relationship" with their chemistry on screen. Hahaha!

Anonymous said...

tsk. tsk. tsk. mr. tumnus and a minor...

read the books. they're addicting! :)

Anonymous said...

havent seen the film. im thinking though of reading the book first.Ö how was your weekend? hope it was a blast.. happy monday!

always,
rüss

Anonymous said...

i expected more violence and gore since the story involved different creatures...

but anyway, it was a great one. something i wouldn't mind watching again.

Unknown said...

Robb: I know. Hahaha! Once I buy the books, I will.

Russ: My weekend was restful, thanks for asking. :)

Lei: Didn't expect anything since I haven't read the books, but I like it. Yeah, worth watching again. :)