Thursday, January 26, 2006

stepped on

scribbled on 26 January 2006, 3:15PM in our bedroom


It's way past my bed time. But what's new? Today, I realized, as much as I would want to mind my own business and keep a low, "silent worker" profile in the office, karma strikes me back when I least expect it. What I plan is just do the job I'm being paid for and that's it. I don't want people minding my business. I don't see myself as an adventurous person. I am afraid to take risks and as much as possible, I prefer to stay in my comfort zone. Weird how life would sometimes push me to the limit. Some people just want to make an issue when they notice a speck on a clean sheet of paper. Tsk tsk.


Is this getting too vague? I don't want to get into details lest I break the "confidentiality" rule of the company (Ek-ek!) and I get terminated. Though I don't plan to get promoted, I still need the money. I don't think I want to spend the rest of my life in the call center industry. This is just a step. Hmm... step towards what? I don't know. I have to work on that. Sheesh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whitney: My sentiments, exactly. That is irritating. It's not as if you're not doing your job, right? I know what you mean.