Thursday, January 26, 2006

stepped on

scribbled on 26 January 2006, 3:15PM in our bedroom


It's way past my bed time. But what's new? Today, I realized, as much as I would want to mind my own business and keep a low, "silent worker" profile in the office, karma strikes me back when I least expect it. What I plan is just do the job I'm being paid for and that's it. I don't want people minding my business. I don't see myself as an adventurous person. I am afraid to take risks and as much as possible, I prefer to stay in my comfort zone. Weird how life would sometimes push me to the limit. Some people just want to make an issue when they notice a speck on a clean sheet of paper. Tsk tsk.


Is this getting too vague? I don't want to get into details lest I break the "confidentiality" rule of the company (Ek-ek!) and I get terminated. Though I don't plan to get promoted, I still need the money. I don't think I want to spend the rest of my life in the call center industry. This is just a step. Hmm... step towards what? I don't know. I have to work on that. Sheesh.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

i hate it when people at work mind my business. the worst is when people i tutor (i work in a tutoring center) decide to tell me all the things I 'should' do. If I'm drinking a coffee, they will tell me how coffee is bad for you. If I'm eating some chips, they will tell me how chips made them fat. it's amazing how people you don't even know feel like it's their job to mind your business.

~*galenlondeien*~ said...

Whitney: My sentiments, exactly. That is irritating. It's not as if you're not doing your job, right? I know what you mean.