Wednesday, January 04, 2006

a prayer

I wrote a prayer today and it's been a while since I did that. I gave that written prayer to an officemate of mine is on leave today to go to the shrine of Our Lady of Manaoag with her mom. (Check out the site, you can send them emails as prayer requests.) I haven't been there personally, but since I love the thought of traveling, I'd like to go there one of these days. Filipinos are very religious people but I don't consider myself as very religious. Yes, I was born and raised a Catholic but I am, most of the time, non-practicing. Oh well, I still believe in the power of faith.


I am not a fan of memorized prayers. I've always believed that they are more effective if they are meant and are said from the heart. I read a prayer written on a paperweight once and I have always loved it:



Grant me the Serenity to accept
The things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And Wisdom to know the difference.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Song of the day:


So no one told you life was going to be this way.
Your job's a joke, you're broke, you're love life's DOA.
It's like you're always stuck in second gear,
Well, it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year.
But, I'll be there for you, when the rain starts to pour.
I'll be there for you, like I've been there before.
I'll be there for you, cause you're there for me too.

~"I'll Be There For You" by the Rembrandts

No comments: