Monday, November 25, 2002

"The hardest thing is just to start. Too many people have a wonderful dream and just talk about it rather than do something about it." ~Debbie Fields, founder, Mrs. Field's Cookies

OUCH! :(

I didn't get to receive a phonecall from InfoNXX, which means I was not accepted. Same goes with Joy. She thinks it has something to do with the fact that we know people working there. I just think that it was just a way to narrow my options and choose a better alternative for me. I mean, maybe God doesn't want me to answer telephones. But then Im gonna miss working with my friends and the office is very nice. I guess my ma's prayers were answered. ;)

"It's scary to change your life. But a great career should fit into your life, not the other way around. At least give your dreams a chance." ~Shana Spooner, career coach

Oh well, off to Plan B. I'm gonna take the other study my boss was offering me about. It's one of the strategies I'm learning as I read this book, "Dream Making in a Dream-taking World" by Dr. Steve Price. It's a powerful book, recommended by the business, and I think my reading it suites my mood nowadays. I need some pulling up instead of pushing down.

~o0o~o0o~o0o~o0o~o0o~o0o~o0o~o0o~


I got this part from the book and I just wanna share it. (pages 14-15)

Five Kinds of Dreamers


As I see it, there are five kinds of people in the world. I'm sure you'll recognize yourself in one or more categories. Let's take a brief look at each one:

1) Dream Makers: Dream Makers are the men and women who dream and then do whatever it takes to make their dreams come true.

2)Dream Bakers: These are dreamers who are always cooking up new dreams. As soon as they accomplish one dream, they pop some more dreams into the oven.

3)Dream Fakers: These are people who say they have dreams, but they never do anything to make them come true. Dream Fakers don't "fake it 'til they make it". They just fake it...

4)Dream Undertakers: These are people who bury their dreams, rationalizing that if you don't dream, you can't be disappointed if your dream doesn't come true.

5)Dream Takers: These are toxic people who think they can lift themselves up by tearing other people down. Beware the Dream Takers, because they'll give you every reason in the world your dreams won't come true!

Now, as you reread these categories, ask yourself, "Which category of dreamer best describes me?" It'd be wonderful if most people identified themselves in the first two categories-- Dream Maker or Dream Baker. But it's my observation that most people fall into the last three categories-- Dream Fakers, Undertakers and Takers. Here's how I think the categories rank among the general population:
Dream Makers and Bakers: 20%
Dream Fakers, Undertakers and Takers: 80%

~o0o~o0o~o0o~o0o~o0o~o0o~o0o~o0o~


I know lotsa people who belong in the 80%. Hahahaha! Fakers and Undertakers have the chance to move up to 20% since they already know/knew how to dream. The Takers are people whom we should avoid since they can suck you into their realm. :)

No comments: