Thursday, November 14, 2002

I passed by the mall today. I had to drop by the bookstore and the record store. I know I cannot afford the books I want and I am just waiting for this CD, but then it is not available yet in that branch. I guess God was trying to tell me something about me not purchasing another CD as of the moment. :)

But then I was still tempted. I saw this album You Had Me At Hello..., a compilation of really nice songs. At first I thought, "What a great gift to give a special someone." The cover (a pic of lovers sitting close together on a blue, comfy couch) and the songs say it all. But then I remembered, I have no special someone. So I thought again, "What a nice gift to give myself." I think you know what happened next. :)

I can now predict some sentimental moments ahead... Read on and you'll see why...

The album has 17 songs: (with some of my comments)

1. Someday We'll Know - Mandy Moore and Jonathan Foreman (When I listen to this I remember someone, but then I have the OST of A Walk To Remember too)

2. Insensitive - Jann Arden (I could listen to this over and over again)

3. I'll Be - Edwin McCain (This reminds me of another someone too. Love this song.)

4. Waiting in Vain - Annie Lennox (Woohoo! Relate! Am I waiting in vain?) ;)

5. Brick - Ben Fold Five (Love to listen to this while on the road...)

6. Cool With You - Jennifer Love Hewitt (One of the reasons why i have a JLH album)

7. Galileo - Indigo Girls

8. You Were There - Babyface

9. Tattooed On My Mind - D'Sound (And I can't get this out of my head... Got this as my ringtone too :))

10. Sway - Bic Runga (Listen to this while cruising down the highway, early morning, windows rolled down, the cool and not-yet-polluted wind blowing and tangling your hair and touching your face...)

11. Always you - Spohie Zelmani

12. Sunny Came Home - Shawn Calvin

13. Lullaby - Sharon Mullins

14. As I Lay Me Down - Spohie B. Hawkins (those were the days...)

15. Last Chance - Allure

16. Leaving On A Jetplane - Chantal Kreviazuk (I will sing this when I leave... :) I need a Ben Affleck to hug me in the airport though...)

17. I'm Missing You - Meja (Yeah, I do...)

Nice. Very nice.

No comments: