Wednesday, November 20, 2002

I had my final interview earlier. Dunno what's my status since the interviewer is really good in masking her emotions-- disgust, approval, etc. Seems like she's bored with my answers. She asked me how knew Miao and of course, I had to explain The Philippine Tolkien Society and all those stuff...

Anyways, if I get a call during the weekend, I'm starting the training next week. I'm kinda wondering how I could tell Doc and the gang that I'm not going to continue with the study anymore. Actually, continuing as a research assistant is only Plan B for me just in case I don't get the job.

That's the reason why my mother and I argued. She wanted me to continue with the study since I don't work everyday as a study nurse and I only work half-day and I get maybe a bit less than what I would get from working in a callcenter. She can't understand why I would "slave" for at least 8 hours a day and with erratic time schedule and just get an additional thousand or so.

Some of my reasons are:
1. I can buy two CD's or a book or more prepaid load for that additional earning.
2. I work with more people and I can meet new (and old) friends.
3. I want a new environment, since sometimes it's boring just waiting when the boss is available.
4. I can leave anytime I want when my applications for abroad is approved.
5. Workplace is just 15-20 minutes away from home.
6. I want to experience working there. It's a nice place.
7. I want order in my job (I am a Melancholy) -- exact time and day for me to work
(These are all I can think of as of the moment.)

I'm meeting with Doc on Friday. Whatever happens, I'll just watch out for omens and decide on them. ;)

No comments: