Sunday, February 09, 2003

In this world of uncertainties, there are a few people who are real-- real friends and real individuals.

At this point in time, when Valentines Day is near, I can't help but wonder about people are engaged in relationships-- either superficial or deep. Then I also think of people who are not in a relationship (like me) and who just cherish the company their friends offer. But sometimes, it's sad to know that even "friendships" can be superficial. When I feel so low and I feel detached from the real world (literally because of my work schedule), I get disappointed when I feel lonely especially when I consider many people my friends. Maybe it's because it's been so long since we've been together or maybe we have to face our own lives now. I miss the moments we've been together... but I also regret the fact that we have drifted apart. It's like seeing another individual-- someone you never really knew.

It's sad. Sad to know that during times when I really expect someone to be there for me, they're not. But then come to think of it, because life is unpredictable, people I least expect can also be there for me.


and everytime i think of you
i'll remember all the good times that we've had
and everytime i sing this tune
i will laugh, i will cry, i will close my eyes

~Stephen Speaks, "Leaving Song"

No comments: