Wednesday, February 26, 2003

Sleep

sleep
n.

A natural periodic state of rest for the mind and body, in which the eyes usually close and consciousness is completely or partially lost, so that there is a decrease in bodily movement and responsiveness to external stimuli. During sleep the brain in humans and other mammals undergoes a characteristic cycle of brain-wave activity that includes intervals of dreaming.
A period of this form of rest.
A state of inactivity resembling or suggesting sleep; unconsciousness, dormancy, hibernation, or death.

--------------------

Spent most of my time sleeping during my time off from work. Not that I need more shut-eye, but I just hoped I could sleep my way to somewhere I wouldn't be disturbed again. But then I guess not. I have to wake up to the same world, the same problems, the same situation that made me want to escape in the first place. I wonder what I should do instead. Put myself into a coma then wake up after 10 years. I'm sure the world is somewhat changed by that time. Then I could go back and start a new life, as if I was reborn.

Commenting temporary offline. Better be temporary dammit.

So afraid of everything I'm unaware
Knowing that no one around me cares,
Everywhere I go is empty
I am full of nothing
Still I stay, still I stay, still I... and I'm
Wasting time, Wasting time
Wasting time without you

~Stephen Speaks, "Wasting Time"

No comments: