Monday, October 21, 2002

That was refreshing.

I was referring to my Weekend experience. And I'm giving myself another chance-- my life another chance. It was exhausting but... I just can't describe the feeling. It's a totally different experience. I wish I can place everything here just to put what I experienced into words. But really, I just can't. According to the guest speaker, Indonesian Double Diamond Robert Angkasa, it's like telling a person, "This crispy pata is ooohh soooo yummy!" The other person can only imagine it, but can never really experience how it tastes like. I admire Robert a lot. He is one of my inspirations now.

Now I understand my parents' reactions. Somehow, I am "enlightened". I love my parents. They love me but they don't understand what I'm doing. I may not make them totally understand, but I will make it a point that they will trust me to do be able to do this. If not, I will prove them wrong. :)

Here are the few points to ponder I took note of during the seminar.

"Everything has to become difficult before it becomes easy." ~Nancy Dornan
"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." ~Eric Lee

Both describe the way to Diamond. That's how tough the road is.

"Don't expect anything different to happen to you when you keep doing the same things."
"Sometimes, your weakness can be your strength; your strength can be your weakness."
"You don't have to be great to start; You have to start in order to be great."

~Robert Angkasa

And my fave of them all...

"Failure is not falling down. Failure is staying down." ~Robert Angkasa

By the way, I got a letter from Laurice today. I am going to email her later and write back after I show the letter to both Joy and Joan. I miss her, but I know she'll find things to enjoy there. She's a survivor. We all are (oh, at least the people who survived CAMP, UP Manila). Hahahaha! I miss Joy. I hope I get to see her soon. Now I understand why Lau was furious with her before. I guess there will come a time when she'll realize we are still here as her friends. Laurice knows more about what's happening in her life than us, and she is halfway around the world! Joan is reviewing for the boards, but we often see each other when we attend the functions. We're close now and I'm glad.

Romina is leaving for Cebu. She wants to be with her family after 12 years of living away from them. She has sacrificed her good life and job here in order to be close to them. But then, she is fulfilling one of her dreams-- that is, being with her family. She told me she only attended her little bro's first birthday, and now he is already 13. We gotta sacrifice something in order to achieve what we want. I'm so glad for her. I'm gonna miss her for sure, but I'll be seeing her on February 2003 for the next WES. I've registered already. I chose to commit as I invest on myself. Kaya ko 'to... :)

Weird. My boss from MSD is one of the people listed in my "chicken list", but I invited her a while ago. Gawd! I did that. I'm so proud! She was interested in the book I'm reading "Personality Plus" by Florence Littauer and she was interested with the business. Yeah, I bought the book. I'm not halfway through but I'm applying it in my life already. I knew that I am a Phlegmatic-Melancholy but I'm more of the latter. Same with Mina's personality. My boss is I guess, a Choleric since she's a leader. My mama too. My papa is a Phlegmatic and now I know why they attracted each other. Hahaha! I had a patient who is a Sanguine. Before I hated that patient, and now I find her interesting and it's ok for me to listen to her blabbing now. Since I am a Melancholy and we are opposites. My ideal mate is a Sanguine too. I gotta ask W what his personality is. *wink* Speaking of him, we'll meet tomorrow. We'll see. :)

In short, here are the descriptions:

Melancholy - intovert, thinker, pessimist
Sanguine - extrovert, talker, optimist
Phlegmatic - intovert, watcher, pessimist
Choleric - extrovert, doer, optimist

Maybe I'll be getting "The Magic of Thinking Big" next time. I'm sooo excited and I love the books recommended in the business!

Just got back from buying my father his new cellphone! No, not my money. Just chose it for him since he has no idea how to purchase one. The money was from my cousin. One of these days, I'm gonna buy him the most up-to-date phone and the moolah will come from my pocket.

By the way, I let my parents read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki and I'm gonna let them read "Personality Plus". I will take them to the NIO no matter what.

Long post. Three days worth.

Gotta check my mails.

No comments: