Saturday, March 22, 2003

History Repeats Itself


I can vividly remember about ten years ago when I was about to turn 13, I was in this similar situation in my life. Our family is in turmoil. Ok, maybe it's too strong a word since we are a lot luckier than whatever Iraq is experiencing right now. I would not expound on this since I might end up writing a telenovela based on our life story.


It feels like we are in wheel-- a turning wheel, and every 10 years, we reach the bottom. Ten years has passed since then and we are at the bottom again. It also feels like we have a curse that affects us every after 10 years. I wonder who in our lineage broke a mirror or something larger than just an ordinary mirror for us to go through this. Ha! Superstitions.


I wish I were alone in a room. No, make that a sound-proofed, padded room. I just need to vent all the feelings bottled up inside. I want to shout. It's been a long time since I shouted at the top of my lungs. Honestly, I cannot remember the last time I shouted. I'm a peace-loving person and I dunno how to scream. Shout, yes, but not scream like a girl. I wonder why.

No comments: