Tuesday, March 18, 2003

Women and War


Why the title? Probably because since we are celebrating women's month. Or that I just watched Chicago and it's all about women and the strength that most (if not all) men underestimate. It was a beautiful production. Now my heart aches for The Two Towers in the coming Academy Awards. But that's ok. If Chicago wins, I will understand why.

Woke up 4AM today on an empty stomach. As usual, if it's my day-off, my body clock is in shambles. But that's ok. I adjust quite well. I'm currently half-watching CNN and fearing for the worst-- World War III. Robin Cook, a British cabinet member, just resigned from the House of Commons and one of his reasons was the fact that the Brits are willing to go to war with the US even without the approval of an international body (like the UN). Then I saw all these video footages of Afghanistan and Iraq. I asked myself, why the anger? the hatred? the need for violence? I know I'm getting a bit political here and I don't want to answer those questions. It's like asking myself, why do I exist? What is my purpose in this world?

Then there is SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome). That's why I usually don't prefer to watch the news. It makes me more depressed.

Life's complexities. *long sigh*

I think I'll go read "How to Kill a Mockingbird" later.

No comments: